Anykščiai Manor Place and Ancient Settlement

The manor was first mentioned in the middle of 15th century. From the second part of the 15th century, the manor was given out for rent to Astikai, Ostrochoviciai, Hlebavičiai and other noble families. The earliest inventories of the manor dates back to the 1773. After the rebellion in 1831, the manor was taken by the state. During 1864-1874, a brick orthodox church was built in the territory of the Manor. The buildings of the manor most probably deteriorated in the end of the 19th century. The manor place covers a teritory of 4.72 ha.